Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nobu Melbourne

These two weeks in Melbourne, the sun sets earlier at 5:30pm and by 6:30pm - the look of it is exactly like 10pm in Malaysia but of course, it’s too cold to feel homey. Everyday the temperature varies between 8˚ to 20˚ and by June winter time, it will be worse. The fact that I’ve suffered moderate depression during winter over the past 3 years doesn’t help much in welcoming this winter - the cold simply antagonise me…

I mentioned in my
previous post that five of my friends came to Melbourne for their getaway. They were here for a week; we met up, did some things together, catch up, have fun, went to some interesting places and also celebrated Sin Ling's Birthday in Nobu. Restaurant Nobu is one of the top Japanese restaurants worldwide (well known for its quality and not quantity of the food) where you have to make reservation one month in advance! I thought one month is a long time to wait for a dinner but I learnt there’s another one which bookings need to be made 3 months in advanced… how nostalgic is that?! Can you imagine craving for it now and have it 3 months later?

Back to Nobu, its restaurant decoration doesn’t look like a fine-dining place; it’s more towards casual-like – I don’t particularly like it for the price I paid even though the slight noise from the surroundings make one comfortable with the place pretty fast. I find that its service is good as the waitress are aware of on-going things; I dropped my chopsticks and they changed it for me the next moment before I let them know; they know to serve the food to me first since I’m the one taking photos of the food, did a brief introduction to each dish we had after each serve and my glass were never empty… Ha! It's all about me...

After bombarded our friendly waitress with our order, our first dish was served after a short wait… I’ve took some fantastic photos and thanks Ling for making the effort to send the photos through to us. It sums up to 800 plus photos which they took in Melbourne though I’m not with them in most of the places...

After the effort to photo the food, this is the result I’m going to share… Prepare to droooooooooolLL~!

Oyster Shooter . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Oyster Shooter
White Fish Sashimi and Yellow Tail Sashimi . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Whitefish Sashimi.Yellow Tail Sashimi
Beef Fillet Tataki . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Beef Fillet Tataki
Various Dishes . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Scallop New Style Sashimi with
Salmon New Style Sashimi . Black COD [Signature Dish] . Soft Shell Crab . Nasu Miso
Various Dishes . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Crispy Oyster [well made] . Lobster Salad . Sashimi Salad
Various Dishes . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Moreton Bay Bugs . Tiger Prawns Spicy . Creamy Spicy Snow Crab [very Nice!]
Rib Eye Wagyu . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Rib Eye Wagyu [9+ Grade Beef]

The one I like most is the Oyster shooter, I find that it was a cool idea to have Oyster from wine glass and I personally like Oyster as well. The Rib Eye Wagyu was supposed to be the best but maybe the price made me feel that it's not worth it... But it's always good to try at least once since it's made from the best beef, I was told that the grade 9 beef quality also means that the meat contains 90% of lean and less than 10% of fats... This is the reason that make it so expensive~ I missed out Beef Fillet Tataki when I was busy shooting the food so I assume that it must be really nice if not the quantity is really small and not enough for the 9 of us... I won't go into details about others as they all tastes good... Maybe they should taste good...


It was a good meal overall and I think Sin Ling enjoyed her Luxury Birthday Dinner...

Ling Eric Diana . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Sin Ling . Eric
Seng Bestest Housemate . Diana
B.B. Eddie . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

My Best Buddy Eddie
Felyn Venus Eddie . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Felyn the Elephy . Venus . Eddie
Ladies . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Ladies...
Luke Ling . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Mr. Long and Sin Ling
Eddie Cyril . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Two Boss who sits beside me Edd and Cyril
Hmmmmmmmm . Nobu by Kieny How, on Flickr

Stunned by the Bill!!

Yeah!! Our bill is crazy, just the sparkling water we had overall costs us AU$90... It went into my record - the most expensive dinner I ever had with friends~

Sin Ling!! We have known each other for at least 10 years already!!! I might not the one who wishes you Happy Birthday every year but I hope you'll have great Birthdays and great food all the time!!!

Hugs & Kisses~

No comments: