Thursday, May 15, 2008

Climb Over

I’M SO FREE TODAY!!! I’ve reached office earlier than usual and realized that both of my leaders who are in charge of the things-that-I-should-do won’t come in today~ and since I have done the job that I’m supposed to do, I’m a serious bored free man now… It happens sometimes when no one need help, Australian workers are independent or another word can’t-be-bothered-with-you…

Today is a nice day as I came across a nice poem by my colleague Bethany, a nice quote from June and also because of the nice sunny cool weather! My colleague is someone who got inspired to write a poem while she is working and I have no idea where that inspiration come from, then she will ask me for comments about what she wrote. I find all her poems nice but I particularly like the meaning of this one… It is about a homeless and helpless alcoholic addict who left his family and his hopes. It reads:

……………………………………………

I would drink, I would drive, and I would constantly lie
I would never care about people's emotion
I would chant the words I constantly hear
I would like a bit of commotion

The paths are curvy, the paths are straight
They vary from time to time
But most of the time, I'm always sleeping
Other times, I would be begging for a dime

My friends aren't many... They change and go
I sometimes don't even know their name
They tell me their stories, they sing their songs
And their songs are never the same

Home was where I grew up
Home was where I lived
Home was where I tasted food
But here is where I grieve

My children may not know me
It is better to be left this way
They will be embarrassed to see their dad
That will be the day!

I am cold in the winter
It is worse during the night
I sometimes lit a fire
Clutching my hands tight

Summers are better
Sunshine and bright sky
I can do more things
Such as scuffle through the bin of food getting myself a bite

My possessions aren't many
My clothes are worn out and old
My beard is as long as
My top hair can grow

I am not a retard
I think I'm smart
I consider myself to have
A nice warm heart

I don't want to be like this
I really feel ashamed
If I could turn back the hands of time
And go to the life from where I came

It is not a great feeling you know
When you have nowhere to go
You feel like you have been abandoned
But deep down you know

If it was not for the bottle beside me
I wouldn't be a slave
I would have my own family back
And hug my Jane and Dave

……………………………………………

Apparently, this is a cruel fiction and it will happen if one got careless with alcohol… Anyway good one!

Then I came across this quote from June –

I built up a wall, not to block everybody out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it "

I know this might be just a normal quote but sometimes quotes can be meaningful when it was delivered to the reader at the right time… Meaningful to you? Alright I’m about to go home!!!

One more day to Friday! Hoho~ Enjoy your night!!

No comments: