Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exhaustion

My hard-disk corrupted and I lost all my files – nice movies and series that I’ve collected, recent photos, a lot a lot of songs and all my favorites!! Actually it was quite magical – my hard-disk is 500GB and after it corrupts, it shows 800GB when I was trying to format it (No idea how that happens). I wanted my files back, so out of frustration, I spent USD $99 online and got myself a Windows recovery program (Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery). It seems reliable - after it scans through my corrupted disk and YES, it managed to detect all my files – I was excited to recover them. But again! Life is always unexpected, it successfully retrieves all my files but all of them reads corrupted and can’t be open, not even a single file works!! So basically, I wasted my time and money on it~

 Stellar Phonix . Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

The program offers a few ways to recover the data, they are all easy and user-friendly but doing it is hectic and time consuming! I was desperate so I tried all the ways from the program and took me blardy 7 days to do it! Yet still, all the results are futile!! After depressing about it for a while, I decide to give up – I’m glad I still have my backup copy of all my old photos…

I haven’t got time to write after my PC screwed up so I’m going to spend some time now to summarize some of the things I did for the past few weeks~

1. Tiffany & Min Min finally managed to find a new place…

 Tiff & Min House Warming Party . North Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

So the both are happy in their worn-out old apartment...

Malaysian Food . North Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr
Everyone is supposed to bring something for the party, so I brought my mouth and an empty stomach and happily cleared up all the food for them~
 The Old vs The Youth . North Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr
 Uncle Kim Gobbling . North Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

And so is this uncle…

2. Warren organized a Merdeka BBQ party

I took heaps of nice photos during that night and made a clean transfer of those photos to that corrupted hard disk before it was corrupted! How sad, now I lost all the original files and can’t show all my elite shots in here… Anyway I’m not the only one with camera that night so I’m still able to get some of the photos~

 Great Food .Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

 Great Food .Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

Whenever Warren organized a party, it must be something to do with food and it will be grand one. As expected, I have a happy tummy that night!

 Great Time . Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

 Great Friends . Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr
 Great Friends . Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

Spontaneous and Crazy Friends~
 Happy Me . Box Hill Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

Happy Me!

3. Jane’s Farewell

I know Jane since I was 10 if I’m not wrong, and it happens that we both came to Melbourne and occasionally will join each other for KTV session. Something I don’t like about farewell, the environment always get moody with some crying here and there and something I like about farewell party, I get to picture with someone crying. Yeah so on the same night after Warren’s BBQ, I went straight to Jane’s Farewell party in Glenwaverly Red-Box and kiss Jane goodbye…

 Jane Crying. Glenwaverly Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr

May you find your happiness back home and good luck for your future endeavours!

Christine & Wilson . Glenwaverly Melbourne by Kieny How, on Flickr
We will miss you!!

4. I have to eat my dinner now and will post again later this week if I managed to find time…

Finally weekend coming, have a Great Weekend!!

No comments: