Wednesday, April 1, 2009

五福北京城 Reunion

It’s been a few weeks since I’m back but I still can’t find the mood to write until now. During the 6 weeks of holiday, I don’t have much chance to post photos and they sum up to 2200 photos when the time I came back to Melbourne – it’s hard to sort them out now.

From my last post, I was whining about losing things that I had during that 6 weeks, it seems like I took a week or more to settle down my feelings and get the normal things that I used to do in Melbourne going again. My rational mind is not working alright at all for the past 2 weeks, I still think of how I wake up and drive out to have my convenient delicious lunch, how I give a call to my mum telling her that I’ll go home for her wonderful home-made dinner, how I call up friends and ask them out to have a drink instantly and how cheap I can get food outside and have 5 meals a day…

I managed to sort things out after going crazy in the head for a while, finally hold myself up and get things going. So first, I’m going to show-off my friend’s successful restaurant in the JB town. On the third day after I got back to Johor, I had a reunion day with my dear ‘Feika’ buddies – those whom I hang out every day when I was in JB, like part of my family?

Feikas Limited

Everyone got busy with age, some got too busy with work, some with family, some with their own business and some still hang around the town doing nothing much, everything seems the same like old time yet something is different in each of us but the bond to make this picture happen is priceless.

Not trying to be exaggerates but after so many groups of friends I met in my life, I still prefer to stick with the original old ones – they say 旧爱还是最美, the feeling is very nostalgic.

Anyway our group is too big so I’ll just use one as our representative throughout this post – our Linda aka Feika Limited Model.

Feika Limited Model

Welcome to 五福北京城 (The place where your wallet gets ripped)

Getting Ready

So this year I finally managed to spend Chinese New Year with all of them, the last time should be 3 years ago.

鱼生 AKA 余升

This also means that I’ve not done this for 3 years, the Malaysian Chinese Culture during Chinese New Year – eating Yu Sheng ’鱼生’ known to welcome prosperity for a new year.

The Preparation

The special thing about this Yu Sheng ’鱼生’ dish is that there’s a way to eat it – mix in all the ingredients consists of salmon, white radish, carrot, ginger, shrimp crackers, sesame seeds and Chinese parsley, then gather everyone.

Process

Once everything is set, ready the chopsticks and start tossing the ingredients into the air and shout ‘Huat ah’ repeatedly for a million times like our 鱼生 Model from the picture.

鱼生 Model

The idea is to say out loud all the auspicious wishes to mark the start of a prosperous new year, the better and higher you toss, the louder and more golden words said, the greater the fortune it is for that year.

End Result

After all the tossing and posing, snatch the Chinese parsley aka Fa Cai ‘发菜’ since it’s the vegetable that pronounce as ‘getting rich’ in Mandarin. Usually it’s harder to find, as some sneaky fellows will toss it to their own plate before everyone started eating.

Buddy Buddy

Buddies Buddies

When it comes to this kind of food, no one toss higher than us definitely. Some other dishes which they serve in Pekin Sutera Utama 五福北京城...

福州汤

Soup of the Day

The nice fake shark fin soup ‘福州汤’ – definitely taste as delicious as it looks…

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

And these are the dishes which I don’t even know the names for it but I know they taste good.

With Jamie

Better when you can have it with your bestie~

Silent is Gold

Best when you can bring your pet into the restaurant! Quietly of course!

Receipt Model

And when I say it’s not cheap, I mean it! RM 1039.95 for all we had above.

Sunglass Model

Now you know, our Feika Model charges aren’t that cheap too~

Watch Model

If you are interested in her watch advertising – come in and have a look

Although the price went up to RM 1040.00, I’m not trying to show you that my buddy’s restaurant is a rip-off restaurant – they definitely serve good food and it can be cheap!

The Canadian Geoduck

And I’ll use my niece as a representative model this time~

When Cheese is the Word

The place is definitely good for kids since it’s spacious and they have lots of fish tanks and amazing fishes that are all ready to get cooked!

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Can you recognize any of the fishes? Anyway the place as a whole have a grand look~

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Restaurant Pekin

Whether you like it with air-con or enjoy your food under the lunar moon with soft breeze, you pick your choice~

When He doesn't Give a Damn!

Love him! My second and third Beloved~

Growing Up!

And here comes the menu we had, it sums up to RM 600.00 and I’m much more satisfied than those I had previously.

Pen Cai 盆菜

Pen Cai 盆菜.

One of the best dish name ‘Pen Cai’ 盆菜, where the chief chuck all the good stuffs into a pot and steam it until it gets cooked – delicious. One pot of this can eat up to 10 people.

Stir Fly Lala

Then the stir-fly pipis – one of my favourite!

Marinated Pork

And Marinated Pork…

Sweet Chili Crap

And the big sweet Chili Crabs – Oiishii~

Restaurant Pekin @ Sutera Utama

Since I’m such a food craze, I used up one whole day in his restaurant having reunion meals, taking pictures and tasting his menu – the taste definitely worth what it cost.

No.1, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/4
Sutera Utamabiz Centre
Taman Sutera Utama
81300 Skudai, Johor

Mr Boss With The Lobster

No comments: