Thursday, April 2, 2009

Guan Yu 5yo

Take 06

I see them once a vacation every year, and I’m always glad that they still remember how to address me when I got home. They have an idea that I’m in Australia but they have no idea where is that place, whenever I pack a bag for outing when I was back in Malaysia – a few questions will come along “You are going back to Australia again?”, “You are not coming back anymore?”, “Why you keep coming back and going off?”

Growing Up

The eldest is my niece, people always say in majority – brain of a girl grows faster. She’s 8yo with lots of empathy – she’ll listen to me, ask questions, stay obedient, teach the right thing to the younger and never liked to play game. While my nephew, 5yo cares nothing more than games and mobile, he’ll ask heaps of questions with interest and work his way until he gets his hand on the mobile game. And the youngest nephew, 2yo who still can’t talk, have the interest to snatch whatever the 5yo plays – nothing else and I call him the king because he gets everything once he shout. All three of them grow under the same roof with totally different character!

Take 04

Guan Yu 01

It’s the second time that I celebrated my nephew birthday, the first time was in the hospital when he still have bloody stain on his face after birth – they said he looks like a monkey and he falls under the year of Monkey under the lunar calendar, coincidently born during the midnight of day 8 in the new year period (初八) so they said he’s one of the 天公仔 (Hokkien Translation “Ti Gong Kia”) which also mean the son of the Chinese God.

Guan Yu 02

Whether it’s true or not, I can’t be bothered but I do think he have a monkey look and when time goes by, he even acted like one -he become very mischievous when he gets older.

Guan Yu 03

GY's Memorable Time

Until today, he has become a smart kid with good memory for his own good. I mean once you teach him something he’s interested like games, he pick it up right away and play it really well – he got a good logical brain and obey his sister but still too naughty to listen to others.

Take 02

Aunt's Place

For his 5yo birthday, we made a party for him in my aunt’s place so that my younger cousins can celebrate together, play in the pool, run around the place, dominate each other’s toys, and snatch for the cake and all the delicious food.

Game Freaks

My cousins - needless to say that they are game freaks as well since they are boys – the Photostat-face brothers!

Happy Time

Pool Showers

Cheese~

The OJ Boss

What's Wrong

Happy B.Boy

Full House

The food is so nice that I can’t stop myself as well, best when it still comes with soup! I don’t know what to name them since it’s all cooked by my aunt – even better than my mum’s cooking. Damn!

Home Cook Abalone

Home Cook Steam Abalone…

Home Cook Deep Fried Fish

Home Cook Deep Fried Fish…

Home Cook Fried Calamari

Home Cook Fried Calamari…

Home Cook Fried Chicken

Home Cook Fried Chicken…

Kid's Home Cook Meal

How come I don’t get such food for my 5yo birthday!?

Birthday Cake

And no such cake…

The 5 YO

And no such nice photo!

IMG_0068

Life is unfair and this uncle can’t agree with me more since he gets everything he wants!

Popi


And on the beginning of day 9 of the Chinese New Year, Hokkien put up incense for offerings to the god~

No comments: